Michael Douglas,Michael Kirk Demsky
Michael Kirk Douglas (real name Michael Kirk Demsky) is an actor and American film producer, born September 25, 1944 in New Brunswick, New Jersey.
He is the son of actor Kirk Douglas.
Studying drama at the University of Santa Barbara, California, he met Danny DeVito, with whom he became friends and often shares the poster.
He plays in a television series with multiple episodes: The Streets of San Francisco from 1972 to 1976. Although an actor, his career has stalled somewhat after the series. It only appears in films with little popular success (eg, the winner in 1979). All this changed radically with the romantic comedy Chasing the Stone in 1984. His role in this film ranked at the box office allows him back in the studio as an actor recognized and fun to navigate.
Michael Douglas received an Oscar in 1975 for Flew Over a Cuckoo's Nest as a producer.
In 1980, he has a serious skiing accident that interrupted his career for three years.
He played in Fatal Attraction (1987) with Glenn Close and the film was a worldwide success. He received another Oscar in 1988 for the leading role in Wall Street.
After filming Basic Instinct (1992), it undergoes rehab at Sierra Tucson Center (September 1992). If he has never really hidden his alcohol and cocaine, it is likely that this arises out of a hospital infection occurred as a result of his misuse of psychotropic drugs. Douglas immediately expresses this painful experience in Free Fall (1993) and a few years later (so attenuated) in Traffic (2000).
He married Diandra Luker March 20, 1977, their son Cameron was born in 1978. They split in 2000 after 23 years of marriage, Diandra accusing him of misogyny, to be absent, and not be a good father to Cameron. The same year, November 18, 2000, he married actress Catherine Zeta-Jones who exactly 25 years younger than him. They have two children: Dylan Michael (born August 8, 2000) and Carys Zeta (born April 20, 2003). On May 24, 2009 Michael Douglas has been honored in New York for his big movie career.
In August 2010, the audience learns that he is suffering from throat cancer, and he agrees to undergo chemotherapy.
* 1966: Shadow of a giant Melville Shavelson
* 1969: Hail, Hero by David Miller
* 1969: Where's Jack James Clavell
* 1970: Adam at 6AM Robert Scheerer
* 1971: Anthony Newley Summertree
* 1972: Napoleon and Samantha Bernard McEveety
* 1978: Coma by Michael Crichton
* 1979: The China Syndrome James Bridges
* 1979: The Winner Steven Hilliard Stern
* 1980: This is my chance to Claudia Weill
* 1983: The Star Chamber by Peter Hyams
* 1984: Tracking the Stone Robert Zemeckis
* 1985: A Chorus Line Richard Attenborough
* 1985: The Jewel of the Nile by Lewis Teague
* 1987: Fatal Attraction by Adrian Lyne
* 1987: Wall Street by Oliver Stone
* 1989: Black Rain by Ridley Scott
* 1989: The War of the Roses Danny DeVito
* 1992: Joel Schumacher enraged
* 1992: Light in the night by David Seltzer
* 1992: Paul Verhoeven's Basic Instinct
* 1993: Falling Down Joel Schumacher
* 1994: Harassment of Barry Levinson
* 1995: The American President, Rob Reiner
* 1996: The Ghost and the Darkness by Stephen Hopkins
* 1997: The Game David Fincher
* 1998: A Perfect Murder by Andrew Davis
* 2000: Wonder Boys Curtis Hanson
* 2000: Steven Soderbergh Traffic
* 2001: Will & Grace - Season 4 TV Series
* 2001: McCool Harald Zwart
* 2001: Not a word from Gary Fleder
* 2002: Such a beautiful family of Fred Schepisi
* 2002: Spy but not too much! Andrew Fleming
* 2006: The Sentinel Clark Johnson
* 2006: You and me ... Dupree and Anthony and Joe Russo
* 2007: King of California, Michael Cahill
* 2009: Haunted by his former Mark Waters
* 2009: Solitary Man by Brian Koppelman and David Levien
* 2009: Presumed guilty by Peter Hyams
* 2010: Wall Street: Money never sleeps by Oliver Stone
* 2010: Steven Soderbergh Knockout
* 1975 Flew Over a Cuckoo's Nest Milos Forman
* 1979 The China Syndrome James Bridges
* 1984 In Romancing the Stone by Robert Zemeckis
* 1985 The Jewel of the Nile by Lewis Teague
* 1990 Experience prohibited by Joel Schumacher
* 1993 Made in America by Richard Benjamin
* 1997 Face / Off John Woo
* 2001 McCool Harald Zwart
* 2004 The Ride Down Mt Morgan Nicole Kassell
* 2004 Art con Albert Hughes
* 2006 The Sentinel Clark Johnson
See also Al Pacino
Posted by Love